Math Buddha's Blather

Uh, I don't know, just read it and see for yourself.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Rumination

Well, I can be more than a little slow sometimes, but I've finally figured out something beneficial about the belief in the supernatural. Curiously, I find myself at odds with Nietzsche on this issue in very specific terms. Could he have been dead wrong? Or did he wish to misunderstand himself? For as lonely a soul as his, there must have been aspects of his spirit that he found unendurable. He wrote that there is not enough love in the world to waste any on imaginary beings. Is it possible however, that there is such a thing as too much love? And I don't mean in a specific sense, not like when a woman loves a man who is beating her too much to leave him, I mean in general? Is it possible for one person to contain too much love? Now I think of it, I recall some things Nietzsche said on that point as well. "Out of love for man, one sometimes embraces anyone, because of course, one cannot embrace everyone..." Or something like that. Do we understand each other here, as elsewhere? Or do I merely project? After all, Nietzsche is safely dead, and cannot defend himself or dispute with me...

8 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger G-man said...

I understand what you are saying . . . I want to bench press more weight too.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

Oh my, G-man, you crack me up!

And you've got a good point. If there's too much love in the world, trying to bulk up helps.

Didn't you say, G-man, that you're so hungry from all the weightlifting that you've been doing that you were thinking about food more than girls?

But, I suppose, that is not the type of love Big-Bold-D means.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eveyone is wrong. Nobody is right.

Except me.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Big-Bold-D said...

oh...never mind then...:)

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we not being profound enough for you. ;) It has to be one heck of an unusual day when I can actually express any profundity. Is that the word...

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering I've never read Nietzsche though...

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Big-Bold-D said...

I think that when I wrote this I was medidtating on my aversity to emotional situations...I often try to present the image of being cool and calm, but that's just because I run the other way as soon as something remotely emotional presents itself. The G-Man is the only person I can think of that has seen the way I actually deal with emotional situations and it usually isn't pretty. Just ask him.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger G-man said...

No sir,it was not pretty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home