Math Buddha's Blather

Uh, I don't know, just read it and see for yourself.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

For Real

Well, obviously, that worked. I first had the idea for this blog when I was thinking about al of the thoughts in my head and realizing that they all mostly go nowhere. Maybe that would be best anyway on the whole dross principle. Of course, with the ridiculous amounts of storage available on the internet, it's a moot point for now. So I'll beusing this blog as archival storage for my brain more than anything else. Therefore, it's likely to be disjointed, badly written, and often completely impenetrable. At least that's what I hope it will be, and I don't fall into my old clowning routine completely. We'll see.

So this morning I was thinking again about how the Democratic Party is like the Gundam soldiers from Gundam Wing. We tried to bring people a message of hope, only to learn that it wasn't what people wanted anymore. So even though the DP official who lives in my building keeps urging me to go to their meetings, (though she's never, ever actually given me any of that information about where they are that she keeps promising), I am dubious aout the prospects of our party for the time being. We need to stop trying to figure out how the GOP snookered everybody. I don't think they did, as depressing as that is. We live in an age of unprecedented fear in America. After inheriting the perfect world that our forebears built for us, we are terrified of losing it. Like a rich man in a poor neighborhood, we are more concerned with locking and chaining every door and window than we are with sharing the wealth. I say we because I feel it too, this terrible fear of screwing up my perfect life. What I should do is move to Nigeria. Or KCK. Sorry, CallowQueen :). So I guess I'm managing to kep my sense of humor, but I wonder in my darker moments what the world will be like in my middle age. How will this joyride come to an end, and will we survive it, when it does? I don't know.

I think I'll put my slippers on.

Much better.

I mean, what happens if we do rid ourselves of Rumsfeld? Somebody worse will just replace him. The problem is socio-cultural, not political. This is not a good time for me to be listening to the Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock, but that's what's on my rotation, alas. Mind you, anybody can point out a problem, and I understand that, but waht is the solution? Are even my fellow dems capable of understanding this? The solution to this problem is the same as the solution to all of our cultural problems. Long, slow grass-roots work to convince people to aim higher. It's too bad that no group of more than twenty or thirty people ever has any patience.

Now I'm actually listening to Eminem!

If anybody's actually still reading this, I apologize. I'll post again later.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you be apologizing for posting, you fool of an Buddha (sorry, i watched a little of "Return of the King last night). (Is it bad to call a Buddha a fool?)

Welcome aboard the blogging 'hood. I'll be seein' ya.

-l42

 

Post a Comment

<< Home