Math Buddha's Blather

Uh, I don't know, just read it and see for yourself.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Wrestling with my thoughts

Ultimately, blaming someone else for your troubles is a waste of time. Worse than a waste in fact, as it poisons you and makes your soul whirl with revenge. This desire for revenge is insidious. It touches all kinds of things in our value sets that don't seem related at all. But it's cancerous. The more the urge is indulged, which includes thinking about it, the more it spreads and corupts our entire spirit. Rooting out the will to revenge is difficult, as it ends with rooting out faith in the morality of the universe, the purest, deepest poison of the soul. As far as blaming others goes, it makes more sense to fix the things that you can fix, complain when it accomplishes something, and remember the value of not noticing things.

A parable: two climbers are scaling the frigid heights of a mountain. The first climber slips from a ledge and is barely snatched by the second climber. As the first climber dangles by his hand over the precipice, the second climber wracks his brain to come up with a way out of the predicament. The second climber then notices that the first climber is not even breathing heavily. "Don't you think you should be a little more worried," the second climber shouts, "you've got a real problem here!" "Alas, my friend, my situation could hardly be simpler, I can do nothing but hold on. I fear it is you who has the problem."

The stricture: Know your boundaries.

18 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

I blame you for the state I'm in. If it weren't for you I could go on believing in the morality of the universe. Because of you, the morality I believed and trusted to be intrinsic and trusted is corroding. Every time I try to grab hold of it and force it to be real, more crumbles fall from it's edges. And it's all your fault I'm in this state of confusion and unsteadiness. If I had never met you, things would have been different. If I hadn't met you, I'd only have my mother to blame for all that I don't like about my life.
Thanks :)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

Oops! Please take out one "and trusted" from the above post.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust in you to think up such a analogy. Or, who did you borrow that one from?

Callow, you're such an editor.

-l42

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

Big-Bold-D where are you?
My days at work are cold and lonely without you.
Come back.

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't know u r bloggin
i feel so left out.
my poor heart,
so sad now.
(sniffin away in faraway land)
huggin piggies around me
for comfort,
cos my fren neglected me
sniff sniff
here i m thinkin of him,
n there he is bloggin away
sniff sniff
you owe me a hug.

=)

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why aren't these comments dated? I wanna know when people said things, not just the stinkin' time!

-l42

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should make this the most commented on Blogger entry ever. Just by posting crap.

Crap.

-l42

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

Blah blah blah blah blippity blah blah blah.

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much wood.

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could a woodchuck chuck.

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a woodchuck.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could chuck.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wood.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-l42

.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

she sells

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

sea shells

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

by the sea shore.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! My tongue twister was longer!

-l42

 

Post a Comment

<< Home