Math Buddha's Blather

Uh, I don't know, just read it and see for yourself.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Delerium

I occasionally hear people describe a desire to "get outside of themselves", but I wonder where it is that they are trying to get out there? And if they were "outside of themselves" how would they know? What landmarks would they use to navigate in this foreign country of the spirit? Has it occured to them that, like Will Navidson's house, the mansions of our spirits have many rooms? And it might be that in moving from one room to the next, they only imagine that they have gone "outside"? And if they were indeed "outside of themselves" who would they then be? I must conclude that the experience they truly seek is merely that of themselves, but a self that is rarely expressed. How then shall they presume to instruct me?

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

OK, I posted a great, long, insightful comment here yesterday and it disappeared, as did your post that you'd made just before this one. What gives? Sigh.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Big-Bold-D said...

I didn't like my post.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger theCallowQueen said...

Sigh, well I guess that's acceptable. I just wanted to make sure the big, bad Blogger monster wasn't eating your posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home